Grameen Udyami Project
Social Justice > Welfare Schemes > Government Schemes
Why in news?
- National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) has launched the second phase of Grameen Udyami Project to augment skill training in tribal communities for their inclusive and sustainable growth.
About Grameen Udyami Project (Rural Tribal Technical Training Program):
- Aims to multiskill tribal youth and impart functional skills to them for enabling livelihoods.
- The project is being implemented in six states— Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Jharkhand, and Gujarat.
- The project is implemented under Sansadiya Parisankul Yojana.
- Funded by National Skill Development Corporation(NSDC)
- The training under the project will be conducted in the following Job roles:
- Electrician, Solar PV Installation Technician, Plumbing etc.
Consider the following statements regarding Grameen Udyami Project:
1. It aims to multiskill tribal youth and impart functional skills to them for enabling livelihoods
2. It is funded by National Skill Development Corporation
Which of the statements given above is/are correct?
(a) 1 only
(b) 2 only
(c) Both 1 and 2
(d) Neither 1 nor 2